PZU Zdrowie: 37% of patients directed to teleconsultation with the help of AI-powered technology
PZU Zdrowie, one of the largest private healthcare providers in Poland, is steadily expanding its medical network and range of services with patient-centric, innovative solutions. We assist its medical and non-medical staff in triaging and guiding patients to the right care with our AI-enabled Call Center Triage. Data collected during the cooperation shows that in 2019 PZU Zdrowie directed 37% of patients with new health problems to telemedicine consultations.
Private healthcare provider
About PZU Zdrowie
PZU Zdrowie is one of the TOP3 private healthcare providers in Poland. It offers healthcare services via insurance, subscriptions, and fee-for-service both for individual and corporate clients.
- 130 own medical facilities
- above 2000 partner facilities in 600 cities in Poland
- 2.5 million clients using PZU Zdrowie products
PZU ZDROWIE’S CALL CENTER
Key challenges for PZU Zdrowie
- Meeting the increasing demand for healthcare services in times of health workforce shortages and rising costs of care
- Addressing patients’ expectations of high-quality healthcare services delivered in the most time-efficient way
- Helping patients in getting the right-fit medical care and preventing them from unnecessary visits with multiple specialists
- Supporting call center medical and non-medical operators in triaging patients and directing them to appropriate care
- Reinventing healthcare and introducing new patient-centric innovative solutions like telemedicine, direct chat with doctors, telemedicine kiosk
The solution: Call Center Triage
This solution is a powerful, cloud-based tool that uses artificial intelligence to help medical and non-medical consultants to direct patients to appropriate and cost-efficient care. The solution is configurable in terms of the triage logic and the conversation protocol so it can be applied in various scenarios including call centers and emergency departments.
The goal of our Call Center Triage is to:
- Assist call center operators in prompt and accurate triage and assessment of patient’s symptoms
- Prevent unnecessary appointments by recommending the most suitable health services
- Convert face-to-face visits to teleconsultations
- Detect urgent cases quickly
- Standardize the process of triage interviews
The Call Center Triage in everyday use
After tailoring Infermedica’s platform to meet the needs of PZU and its patients, the solution has become an integral part of the process of booking medical appointments via the PZU Zdrowie helpline.
The optimized patient flow can be described in seven simple steps:
Results & benefits of the cooperation for PZU Zdrowie
In 2019, with the help of our Call Center Triage, PZU Zdrowie directed 37% of patients with new health problems to telemedicine, instead of face-to-face visits with primary care doctors and specialists. That means, precise triaging and symptom analysis helps to direct patients to the appropriate care and, as a result, brings real savings to the company.
Patient satisfaction increases, since they are assisted every step of the way and guided individually to appropriate care. Getting medically accurate advice can be as easy as picking up the phone. Patients receive appropriate care in a time-efficient manner, instead of researching their symptoms online and stressing about the information from unreliable sources.
Call Center Triage has helped PZU Zdrowie standardize the process of interviewing patients and coordinating advice given to patients. This has not only improved the quality of services provided by the call center, but has also been helpful to the operators. Following a satisfaction survey amongst operators, the Call Center Triage scores, on average, 2.98 out of 3 among the users.
Thanks to anonymous data collected regarding triage levels and potential conditions, the company can better address the healthcare needs of the existing patient segments and develop health products to meet those needs.
1 out of 8
Introducing new, patient-centric, innovative solutions is one of the main goals of PZU Zdrowie. This approach has helped the company enhance its competitive edge over other market players and will continue to do so in the future.
PZU Zdrowie’s opinion
over 3 years
Let’s discuss your challenges
Complete the form below to connect with our team of experts about implementing digital primary care solutions. Find the right path to reduce costs and improve patients’ experiences using our AI-powered digital platform.