A REPORT BY INFERMEDICA
40% of patients don't know what level of care they need
Find out how symptom checkers can guide them and improve your healthcare processes. Discover the needs of digital patients, and learn how web-based tools for preliminary symptom assessment can support users and your organization.
What are the needs of digital patients?
In early 2021, we surveyed users of our symptom checker to find out their needs and motivations. The survey took three months to complete and engaged over 2,000 respondents primarily from the US, the UK, and Canada.
Key insights from the Symptomate Survey
- Over 44% used Symptomate to find out if they should see a doctor
- For 74.1%, their Symptomate triage recommendation was different from their own initial plan
- 45% who planned to visit a doctor said they would follow the new recommendation to self-care at home instead
- Over 80% will likely use Symptomate again
- 36.6% visit our symptom checker every few months
Meet our experts
Improving healthcare with user-generated data
The survey results show that people want to make better-informed decisions, and symptom checkers can empower them. By connecting the existing engagement with digital front doors, healthcare organizations can guide users to personalized health services, as well as:
- Build patient-oriented environments and improve user satisfaction
- Collect high-quality data about the needs of populations and individuals
- Prepare patients for their visit, fill EHRs with up-to-date information, and support clinicians during the visits
- Optimize patient flow, expert availability, and telemedicine adoption
Get your free copy
Fill in the form to get your copy of the report and information related to symptom checkers technology sent directly to your mailbox. Download and read it at any time.