Data Science Team
We’re looking for a Research Scientist to join our team in Wrocław. If you have a proven track record in research, and you want to develop new ML/AI algorithms for medical diagnosis, we’d love to hear from you.
At Infermedica, we develop AI-driven apps that allow insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies to pre-diagnose, triage, and connect patients with the appropriate medical services. We are on a bold mission to guide every patient to the right care.
Every day we work on some of the most exciting challenges in the healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis, and natural language processing (NLP) in chat-bots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the firm foundation of the latest medical papers and internal research.
We are known for our outstanding products and customer service experience. Since 2012, we’ve helped companies from all over the world increase efficiency, improve patient flow and reduce costs.Check our products →
As a Research Scientist, you will develop new machine learning and statistical algorithms and accelerate our efforts to build the most accurate inference engine in the world. Your daily tasks will include the following:
- Leading all of Infermedica’s research activities, from vision to strategy to execution
- Improving the accuracy of current algorithms and models
- Developing and implementing experimental algorithms, concepts and prototypes
- Collaborating with engineers to translate proof-of-concepts into production-ready code
- Performing data analysis and validation of new solutions
- Working cross-functionally with doctors, data scientists and developers
- Staying up to date with the latest papers and research
- Communicating progress and research findings to executives
- Publishing research papers and presenting conclusions in public
- Representing the team at conferences and events
Requirements and skills
We’re looking for a scientist with a strong background in statistics and mathematics. What do we expect?
- Ph.D (preferred) or M.S. in statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics or related field
- 6+ years of academic or commercial experience in research
- Experience planning, implementing and validating research projects
- Hands-on experience in AI, machine learning, deep learning, or data science
- Ability to understand and then code mathematical concepts
- Prior experience designing and implementing large-scale algorithms
- Ability to research, learn and apply new concepts and technologies quickly
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R or Java)
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a concise and clear manner
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken)
Some additional skills that would help:
- Track record in scientific publications
- In-depth knowledge of probabilistic graphical models, including Bayesian networks
- Experience with Bayesian inference software (Stan, PyMC3)
- Previous experience in health data analysis
Perks and benefits
We're committed to build an open and supportive environment where you can do your best work and improve your competence. You will be working with great people, and we will help you lead a healthy life outside of the office. What benefits do we provide?
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible working hours
- Any gear you need
- Opportunity to work remotely – two days a month
- Paid vacations (also for B2B)
- Private health coverage (PZU Zdrowie)
- Gym membership (MultiSport)
- Co-financed lunches
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now by clicking the button below. We need to know where you are as a researcher, so your application must include your CV and links to your online profiles (ResearchGate, LinkedIn, GitHub, etc.).
We will review all applications and arrange to chat in person with selected candidates. Unfortunately, not all of you will be invited for an on-site interview, but we always provide feedback to all candidates, regardless of our decision.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from youApply now