Data Science Team
Knowledge Engineering Supervisor
5 000–8 000 PLN gross or 35-60 PLN / hour + VAT (B2B)
This is a unique role on the intersection of statistics, technology and medicine which requires very structured and mathematical thinking, good communications skills and exceptional attention to details.
What is Infermedica?
Infermedica is one of the most advanced symptom checker and clinical decision support platforms. Our medical diagnostic engine delivers thousands of insights every day.
We are working on the most exciting challenges in healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis and natural language processing (NLP) in chat-bots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the strong foundation of latest papers and internal research.
We are a young and dynamic company and we are not afraid to compete with the world’s largest organizations – like IBM, Google and Amazon. We love to aim high.Check our products →
As a Knowledge Engineering Supervisor you will work with medical doctors and data scientists and keep an eye on the development of our medical knowledge base, focusing on technical, mathematical and linguistic aspects. You will also have the opportunity to dive into the doctor’s brain but you don’t need to have a medical background.
You will work closely on a statistical knowledge base which is the heart of Infermedica’s AI technology. Our knowledge base is constantly improved and synthesizes the current state of evidence-based medical research. By using tens of thousands of statistical relations and structured expert knowledge, we develop algorithms that can ask patients the right questions, predict their diseases and recommend the best actions to take. Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Working with the medical team and helping organize their work
- Identifying and resolving issues related to the medical knowledge base
- Improving internal knowledge engineering processes
- Managing medical content translation processes
- Performing exploratory analysis of knowledge base
- Collaborating with data science team
- Collaborating with developers and designers
Requirements and skills
- Meticulousness and painstaking attention to detail
- Excellent level of self-management and diligence
- Proficiency in written English and Polish
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good understanding of probabilistic concepts
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve complex problems
- Work 40 hours a week (full time)
It would be even better if you have:
- MSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or a related area
- Experience in statistical data analysis and/or science research
- Experience in health-related projects (medical background is not required)
- Experience in statistical programming (preferably Python, R)
Perks and benefits
We do our best to create a friendly and open environment where you can embrace yourself and get support from other team members. We also provide many company benefits, including:
- Multisport card
- Private health insurance
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible and paid holidays (also for B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Your hardware of choice
- Lunch funding
- Coursera funding
Does it sound like a good fit for you? Give it a shot and apply now. Don’t forget to include these in your application:
- Your resume (or cover letter) in English
- Link to your GitHub account (if available)
We will review your application and arrange to meet and chat in person. We know that looking for a job is stressful. Don't worry and try to relax. If you have any questions regarding this job offer, requirements, perks or recruitment process, please contact Piotr Orzechowski (our CEO, you’ll meet him during a job interview) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now