Data Science Team
Knowledge Engineering Supervisor
5 000–8 000 PLN gross or 35-60 PLN / hour + VAT (B2B)
This is a unique role on the intersection of statistics, technology and medicine which requires very structured and mathematical thinking, good communications skills and exceptional attention to details.
At Infermedica, we develop AI-driven apps that allow insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies to pre-diagnose, triage, and connect patients with the appropriate medical services. We are on a bold mission to guide every patient to the right care.
Every day, we work on the most exciting challenges in the healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis and natural language processing (NLP) in chatbots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the firm foundation of the latest medical papers and internal research.
We are known for our outstanding products and customer service experiences. Since 2012, we’ve helped companies from all over the world increase efficiency, improve patient flow and reduce costs.Check our products →
As a Knowledge Engineering Supervisor you will work with medical doctors and data scientists and keep an eye on the development of our medical knowledge base, focusing on technical, mathematical and linguistic aspects. You will also have the opportunity to dive into the doctor’s brain but you don’t need to have a medical background.
You will work closely on a statistical knowledge base which is the heart of Infermedica’s AI technology. Our knowledge base is constantly improved and synthesizes the current state of evidence-based medical research. By using tens of thousands of statistical relations and structured expert knowledge, we develop algorithms that can ask patients the right questions, predict their diseases and recommend the best actions to take. Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Working with the medical team and helping organize their work
- Identifying and resolving issues related to the medical knowledge base
- Improving internal knowledge engineering processes
- Managing medical content translation processes
- Performing exploratory analysis of knowledge base
- Collaborating with data science team
- Collaborating with developers and designers
Requirements and skills
- Meticulousness and painstaking attention to detail
- Excellent level of self-management and diligence
- Proficiency in written English and Polish
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good understanding of probabilistic concepts
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve complex problems
- Work 40 hours a week (full time)
It would be even better if you have:
- MSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or a related area
- Experience in statistical data analysis and/or science research
- Experience in health-related projects (medical background is not required)
- Experience in statistical programming (preferably Python, R)
Perks and benefits
We're committed to build an open and supportive environment where you can do your best work and grow your competence. You will be working with great people, and we will help you lead a healthy life outside of the office. What benefits do we provide?
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work remotely – two days a month
- Paid vacations (also for B2B)
- Any gear you need
- Private health coverage (PZU)
- Gym membership (MultiSport)
- Co-financed lunches
Does it sound like a good fit for you? Give it a shot and apply now. Don’t forget to include these in your application:
- Your resume (or cover letter) in English
- Link to your GitHub account (if available)
We will review your application and arrange to meet and chat in person. We know that looking for a job is stressful. Don't worry and try to relax. If you have any questions regarding this job offer, requirements, perks or recruitment process, please contact Piotr Orzechowski (our CEO, you’ll meet him during a job interview) at email@example.com.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from youApply now