What is Infermedica?
Infermedica is the most advanced symptom checker and clinical decision support platform. Our medical diagnostic engine delivers thousands of insights every day.
We are working on industry biggest challenges: true artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, natural language processing (NLP) and chatbots. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the strong foundation of latest papers and internal research.
We are still a young company (founded in 2012), but it doesn’t stop us from competing with the world’s largest companies – like IBM, Google and Amazon. We are not afraid to aim high. We’d like to pave the way for others.Learn moreMeet the team
As the guardian of our server infrastructure, you will be responsible for keeping an eye on every transfer through our network, as well as ensuring constant improvement and modernization of the implemented solutions, deployment of our application, and scalability of databases.
There are a few things which we value especially; first of all - security! Our data need extra special care, second of all - speed, there is nothing worse than slow requests. And finally, usability of implemented solutions, we like new technologies which help us work harder at keeping the world healthier.
Our stack is based on LXC container virtualization across multiple dedicated servers around the world. Nginx for reverse proxy and load balancing (local and global). PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and ELK stack for taking care of our data and statistical analysis. And all this orchestrated by Ansible.
Note: We would like to start our journey with a few smaller or bigger tasks or even with a form of consultation/super-visioning. And, as time goes by, we would like to extend our collaboration, therefore, not all the requirements below will be required from the start. Due to the specificity of the job, we would prefer a B2B partnership, unless you are also a good programmer and want to join us for a full-time job to assist with regular development.
Requirements and skills
- At least two years of experience managing infrastructures of all sizes
- Solid experience in orchestration tools (Ansible preferred)
- Being like a shark in networking (VLAN, VPN, Encryption)
- Good understanding of LXC virtualization
- Experience in database administration
- Understanding of web applications structures and their deployment process
- Good knowledge of server/network monitoring tools
- Ability to resolve urgent issues 24/7
- Nice to havePassion for security
- Nice to haveExperience in global load balancing
- Nice to haveKnowledge of legal regulations related to data storage and collection
Perks and benefits
We do our best to create a friendly and open environment where you can embrace yourself and get support from other team members. We also provide many company benefits, including:
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible and paid holidays (also for B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Your hardware of choice
- Lunch and parking place funding
Does it sound like a good fit for you? Give it a shot, apply now. Don’t forget to include these in your application:
- Your resume (or cover letter) in English
- Links to your online profiles (LinkedIn, GitHub, etc)
We will review your application and arrange to meet and chat in person. One more thing: we know that looking for a job is stressful. Try to relax! If you have any questions regarding this job offer, requirements, perks or recruitment process, please contact Arek Szydełko (our senior developer, you’ll meet him during a job interview) at email@example.com.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from you!