Data Science Team
Bayesian Modelling Expert
10 000–18 000 PLN gross or 70-130 PLN / hour + VAT (B2B)
Our team is looking for a Bayesian Researcher to help us design medical reasoning algorithms given the growing evidence-based database of symptoms and conditions. If you are passionate about Bayesian Networks and machine learning, we’d love to hear from you.
What is Infermedica?
Infermedica is one of the most advanced symptom checker and clinical decision support platforms. Our medical diagnostic engine delivers thousands of insights every day.
We are working on the most exciting challenges in healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis and natural language processing (NLP) in chat-bots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the strong foundation of latest papers and internal research.
We are a young and dynamic company and we are not afraid to compete with the world’s largest organizations – like IBM, Google and Amazon. We love to aim high.Check our products →
As a Bayesian Researcher at Infermedica, you will be responsible for designing complex algorithms intending to mimic reasoning capabilities of real human diagnosticians. Your main focus will be researching and developing novel methods for Bayesian inference and complex statistical and graphical models.
On a day-to-day basis you will work on the prototyping, analysis, implementation and improving of our reasoning engine. You’ll join the growing team of data scientists and will collaborate with medical doctors and developers. We solve problems from A to Z. Starting with finding data sources, through data cleaning, modeling, communicating results with visualizations and interactive reports, up to scalable implementations. You will be able to see the impact of your efforts almost immediately.
Requirements and skills
- Master’s degree or PhD strongly preferred in one of the following studies: statistics, mathematics, physics, economics or similar quantitative field of study
- Strong programming skills in R, python or other relevant languages
- Experience with Bayesian software such as Stan or PyMC3
- In-depth knowledge and prior working experience with Bayesian network algorithms
- Proven track-record of proactive planning, scoping, implementing and validating R&D projects
- Prior experience with large-scale reasoning algorithms
- Firm grasp of statistical concepts
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work autonomously
- Work 40 hours a week (full time)
It would be even better if you have:
- PhD in Bayesian inference
- Experience in Java
- Previous experience in health data analysis
Perks and benefits
We do our best to create a friendly and open environment where you can embrace yourself and get support from other team members. We also provide many company benefits, including:
- Multisport card
- Private health insurance
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible and paid holidays (also for B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Your hardware of choice
- Lunch funding
- Coursera funding
Does it sound like a good fit for you? Give it a shot and apply now. Don’t forget to include these in your application:
- Your resume (or cover letter) in English
- Link to your GitHub account (if available)
- Link to your relevant academic work
We will review your application and arrange to meet and chat in person. Looking for a job can be stressful, but we are here to help! If you have any questions regarding this job offer, requirements, perks or recruitment process, please contact Piotr Orzechowski (our CEO, you’ll meet him during a job interview) at email@example.com.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now