Data Science Team
Bayesian Modelling Expert
10 000–18 000 PLN gross or 70-130 PLN / hour + VAT (B2B)
Our team is looking for a Bayesian Researcher to help us design medical reasoning algorithms given the growing evidence-based database of symptoms and conditions. If you are passionate about Bayesian Networks and machine learning, we’d love to hear from you.
At Infermedica, we develop AI-driven apps that allow insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies to pre-diagnose, triage, and connect patients with the appropriate medical services. We are on a bold mission to guide every patient to the right care.
Every day, we work on the most exciting challenges in the healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis and natural language processing (NLP) in chatbots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the firm foundation of the latest medical papers and internal research.
We are known for our outstanding products and customer service experiences. Since 2012, we’ve helped companies from all over the world increase efficiency, improve patient flow and reduce costs.Check our products →
As a Bayesian Researcher at Infermedica, you will be responsible for designing complex algorithms intending to mimic reasoning capabilities of real human diagnosticians. Your main focus will be researching and developing novel methods for Bayesian inference and complex statistical and graphical models.
On a day-to-day basis you will work on the prototyping, analysis, implementation and improving of our reasoning engine. You’ll join the growing team of data scientists and will collaborate with medical doctors and developers. We solve problems from A to Z. Starting with finding data sources, through data cleaning, modeling, communicating results with visualizations and interactive reports, up to scalable implementations. You will be able to see the impact of your efforts almost immediately.
Requirements and skills
- Master’s degree or PhD strongly preferred in one of the following studies: statistics, mathematics, physics, economics or similar quantitative field of study
- Strong programming skills in R, python or other relevant languages
- Experience with Bayesian software such as Stan or PyMC3
- In-depth knowledge and prior working experience with Bayesian network algorithms
- Proven track-record of proactive planning, scoping, implementing and validating R&D projects
- Prior experience with large-scale reasoning algorithms
- Firm grasp of statistical concepts
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work autonomously
- Work 40 hours a week (full time)
It would be even better if you have:
- PhD in Bayesian inference
- Experience in Java
- Previous experience in health data analysis
Perks and benefits
We're committed to build an open and supportive environment where you can do your best work and grow your competence. You will be working with great people, and we will help you lead a healthy life outside of the office. What benefits do we provide?
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work remotely – two days a month
- Paid vacations (also for B2B)
- Any gear you need
- Private health coverage (PZU)
- Gym membership (MultiSport)
- Co-financed lunches
Does it sound like a good fit for you? Give it a shot and apply now. Don’t forget to include these in your application:
- Your resume (or cover letter) in English
- Link to your GitHub account (if available)
- Link to your relevant academic work
We will review your application and arrange to meet and chat in person. Looking for a job can be stressful, but we are here to help! If you have any questions regarding this job offer, requirements, perks or recruitment process, please contact Piotr Orzechowski (our CEO, you’ll meet him during a job interview) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from youApply now