Data Science Team
Bayesian Modelling Expert
Our team is looking for a Bayesian Researcher to help us design medical reasoning algorithms given the growing evidence-based database of symptoms and conditions. If you are passionate about Bayesian Networks and machine learning, we’d love to hear from you.
At Infermedica, we develop AI-driven apps that allow insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies to pre-diagnose, triage, and connect patients with the appropriate medical services. We are on a bold mission to guide every patient to the right care.
Every day we work on some of the most exciting challenges in the healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis, and natural language processing (NLP) in chat-bots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the firm foundation of the latest medical papers and internal research.
We are known for our outstanding products and customer service experience. Since 2012, we’ve helped companies from all over the world increase efficiency, improve patient flow and reduce costs.Check our products →
As a Bayesian Researcher at Infermedica, you will be responsible for designing complex algorithms intending to mimic reasoning capabilities of real human diagnosticians. Your main focus will be researching and developing novel methods for Bayesian inference and complex statistical and graphical models.
On a day-to-day basis you will work on the prototyping, analysis, implementation and improving of our reasoning engine. You’ll join the growing team of data scientists and will collaborate with medical doctors and developers. We solve problems from A to Z. Starting with finding data sources, through data cleaning, modeling, communicating results with visualizations and interactive reports, up to scalable implementations. You will be able to see the impact of your efforts almost immediately.
Requirements and skills
- Master’s degree or PhD strongly preferred in one of the following studies: statistics, mathematics, physics, economics or similar quantitative field of study
- Strong programming skills in R, python or other relevant languages
- Experience with Bayesian software such as Stan or PyMC3
- In-depth knowledge and prior working experience with Bayesian network algorithms
- Proven track-record of proactive planning, scoping, implementing and validating R&D projects
- Prior experience with large-scale reasoning algorithms
- Firm grasp of statistical concepts
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work autonomously
- Work 40 hours a week (full time)
It would be even better if you have:
- PhD in Bayesian inference
- Experience in Java
- Previous experience in health data analysis
Perks and benefits
We're committed to build an open and supportive environment where you can do your best work and improve your competence. You will be working with great people, and we will help you lead a healthy life outside of the office. What benefits do we provide?
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible working hours
- Any gear you need
- Opportunity to work remotely – two days a month
- Paid vacations (also for B2B)
- Private health coverage (PZU Zdrowie)
- Gym membership (MultiSport)
- Co-financed lunches
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now by clicking the button below. We need to know where you are as a researcher, so your application must include your CV and links to your online profiles (LinkedIn, GitHub, etc.).
We will review all applications and arrange to chat in person with selected candidates. Unfortunately, not all of you will be invited for an on-site interview, but we always provide feedback to all candidates, regardless of our decision.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from youApply now